What we collect. We may from time to time ask you for Personal Information, and we may collect certain information from your device each time you visit our site. We may also receive Personal Information from third parties with whom we have a business relationship. Such Personal Information may be added to existing information we gather on this site and or the app and such Personal Information will not violate any existing privacy or terms between you and the third parties or this policy as amended.
“Personal Information” is defined as personally identifiable information and includes, but is not limited to, name; address; e-mail address; SMS or text message address; phone number; credit card and other payment information (if applicable); information that you enter into Our platforms and website, information regarding your academic and extracurricular activities and interests that may identify you; and other information that may identify you as an individual or allow online contact with you.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer because it can help us and our technology partners identify potential technical issues as they arise. For example, when visiting our app, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the web app you viewed before browsing to our app, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, the number of actions performed on our app, the type of actions performed on our app, the locale you are visiting our app from and information about your use of and actions on our app. Such information is “de-identified” and is not linked to any other personal information nor is it used for third-party commercial purposes beyond the services we offer on this site and app and the improvement of current and future products.
Cookies. We use tracking technology known as “cookies” on this site and on the app including application IDs and a user ID to monitor use and traffic routing as well as to customize and improve our products.
Session Cookies. We use “session cookies”, which improve user experience by storing certain information from your current visit on your device, such as log-in information. These enable us to remember your session so you can move easily within this site or other services.
Location based service. In order to provide the services, SkillsLine requires access to the location data of your device as determined by your IP address. Such location data is of express business necessity to SkillsLine and will not display personal location but rather the location of the device on which services were accessed. You can turn your device’s location data on and off at any time through your device settings.
Use of personal Information. We use your personal information to:
- Operate, maintain, and improve our app, products, and services.
- Respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- Send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- Link or combine user information with other personal information.
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- Provide and deliver products and services customers request.
Sharing of personal information. We may share personal information, which includes your usage of Skillsline:
- With your explicit consent. For example, you may let us share your personal information with the institutions to which you have indicated an association with or that have facilitated your access to the SkillsLine Platform.
- With our third party service providers that facilitate the hosting of the SkillsLine Platform and your access to the SkillsLine Platform.
- If there is a corporate transaction that either necessitates disclosure for diligence purposes or upon consummation the transfer or assignment of such data. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- Where such disclosure is legally required, for example in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands.
- To protect the rights and property of Skillsline, our agents, customers, partners, and others. This includes enforcing our agreements, policies, and Terms and Conditions.
- In an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- If we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- If we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve abuse of the services infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of this site infrastructure or the services generally).
- The information is not private, is aggregated or is otherwise not “Personal Information”, such as your public user profile or the number of users who clicked on a link.
Information choices and changes. Our emails and text messages tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails and text messages. Non-marketing emails and text messages include emails and text messages about your accounts and our business dealings with you. Please be aware that your carrier may charge you for receiving these text messages depending on your phone plan.
You can contact us to obtain a copy of the Personal Information held about you by us. This may be subject to a fee not exceeding any prescribed fee to the extent permitted by applicable law. You can also ask us to correct and, where relevant, erase that information. Please note that certain Personal Information may need to be retained by SkillsLine for a period of time following cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or required or authorized by applicable law. As mentioned above, you have a right to change your email preferences at any time.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our app with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our app works for you.
Security. We use industry best practices to keep any information collected and/or transmitted secure. We do not retain any information collected longer than is absolutely necessary for our express business purposes. For more information on the security measures we take to protect your data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children’s Privacy. No one under 13 is allowed to create an account or use the services offered on or through this site. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent and the services offered are not intended for use by children without parental consent. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us below.
Privacy Statement for California
Information we collect. This Privacy Statement for California users supplements the information contained in our Privacy Notice above and applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (”consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice. In the preceding 12 months we have: (1) collected the categories of Personal Information from the sources listed in the below table; and (2) disclosed such Personal Information to the below listed third parties as follows:
|Identifiers, such as your name, postal address, unique personal identifier, internet protocol address, email address, telephone number, signature, account name, social security number, driver’s license or other state identification number, passport number, financial account number, or other similar identifiers.||Consumers provide this information directly to Us or automatically through their interaction with our Site.||Affiliates, subsidiaries and affiliated brands service providers|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website or application.||Consumers provide this information directly to Us or automatically through their interaction with our Site.||Affiliates, subsidiaries and affiliated brands service providers|
Sharing of Personal Information. In the preceding (12) months, we have not sold any Personal Information for a third party’s commercial purpose or for monetary value however we do disclose Personal Information for internal business purposes. Such internal business purposes are described above
Use of Personal Information. We use or disclose Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from Us.
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning Our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve Our responses.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, as applicable.
- To improve the SkillsLine Platform and present its contents to you.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers, consumers or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred.
Your rights under California Law. We provide our California customers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. The section describes the rights that you have under California law and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Used, or Disclosed. You have the right to request that We disclose certain information to you about our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once We receive your request and verify your identity, We will disclose to you: (1) the categories of information We collected about you; (2) the categories of sources for the information; (3) our business or commercial purpose for collecting or disclosing that information; (4) the categories of third parties with whom We shared that information; and (5) the categories of information We collected about you in the preceding 12 months.
Right to Delete Personal Information Collected or Maintained. You have the right to request that We delete any of your information that We collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once We receive and confirm your request and verify your identity, We will permanently delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your information from our records, unless a legal exception to deletion applies. In our response to your request to delete, We will specify the manner in which We have deleted your information or, if We must deny your deletion request, the basis for this refusal.
Right to Non-Discrimination for Exercise of Privacy Rights. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights by: (1) denying you goods or services (except with respect to IP addresses, since We cannot provide our Site to you without collecting the IP address from which you access the Site); (2) charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; (3) providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or (4) suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your Rights. To exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to Us through one of the following means:
- Emailing Us at email@example.com
Authorizing an Agent. You may designate an authorized agent to submit your consumer request on your behalf, so long the authorized agent has your written permission to do so and you have taken steps to verify your identity directly with Us.
Verifying Your Request. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with information if We cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with Us. We will only Use information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
To verify your identity, We ask that you provide Us with the following information when you submit your request: (1) first name, (2) last name, and (3) phone number or email. We will use the above information to verify your identity. Depending on your type of request or the information requested by you, We may require additional information to verify your identity and fulfill your request.
You may make such a request by contacting Us in writing by electronic mail, postal mail, or commercial courier at the address or email address provided at the end of this Privacy Notice “Contact Information” with a preference on how our response to your request should be sent.
Do-Not-Track Requests. We do not currently track users across websites so our website does not respond to Do-Not-Track Requests. We utilize Google Analytics for our web analytics and you can opt out of your usage data being included in our Google Analytics reports by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Shine the Light. California law permits customers in California to request certain details about how their personal information is shared with third parties and, in some cases, affiliates, if the personal information is shared for those third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. We do not share personal information with third parties or affiliates for those third parties’ or affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. Californians may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) that We disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year.
To make a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to You, attest to the fact that You are a California resident, and provide your current California address to which We will send our response. Your inquiry must specify “California Shine the Light Privacy Rights Request” in the subject line of the email or the first line of the letter, and include Your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that We are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
Please send requests to:
International Users. For international users, please note that it may be necessary to transfer your information internationally and, in particular, your information may be transferred to and processed in the United States. It is important to know that data protection laws in some jurisdictions may not be as strong as those in your country. If applicable, you may have a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of relevant data protection laws. By using the SkillsLine Platform, you agree to have your information used and transferred to the United States as set forth in this Privacy Notice. To ensure the continued protection of your Personal Information while in our care, We take appropriate organizational and technical measures.
Contact Us. You can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or want to submit feedback about our services. We always love to hear from our users.